No matter what business you are in, the basics to Marketing and Promotion are the same. You need to deliver something that people want and keep your best customers happy.
There are the basic 5 steps to propper promotion.
But first there is setting up your product for success. You have to do some research to see what people want. I have alway had a gift for being the "Enabler". I was a Director at a Major aircraft plant here in Wichita for 18 years. I could almost sense what people needed before they needed it. I knew my cusomers, my workers, my family and anyone else around me would be very productive if I set them up for success.
In an aircraft plant, it can be as small as 1 rivet of a special size can make a whole assembly line start to lose productivity. I could walk in to work in the morning and tell from the sound of the place if we were making money or not.
Now that I have been laid off from work for a year and a half, I have not thought about the need to enable peoples' success. Been kind of grouchy about losing 400,000 bucks, my job and all the nice things in life that I had accumulated.
But now that I am down to almost losing my house, that last big asset that remains of a now distant memory of Corporate America. I am not sad. The stuff never mattered to me anyway. I just liked making people successful. I still do. I like to be that guy in the back that made it all happen, but no one knows my name. Still the Enabler.
The last 2 years I have been trying to enable myself. You know that just doesn't work. People still don't give a damn what I want. Never have. You know I am OK with that. Why would they. I never asked for anything before.
I am going back to what I do best. Enable peoples' success. It works in the corporate world, with your wife, your kids, your home business, you internet marketing. Then in that 5 minitues when no one needs anything. I get to do what I want.;-)
I wrote the mission statement brainstorming with my wife Christy a couple of months back.
"Enabling the Success of Musicians Thru Music"
Someone has to do it. Stay ahead of the pack and just lead. Get people what they need and want. Everything runs smooth.
Have a great day.
Dewight Traina
Professional Home Recording Studio Engineer

No comments:
Post a Comment